update on pond in back yard (IM BACK :)

Reaction score
First off i would like to say i hate fall/winter as i had a cover on my pond but the leaves still managed to pile in, i have recovered as many as i could see but now the water is DIRTY, i got a new pond pump its a sunterra 4300 GPH 5 year warranty with a fountain attachment for aeration. I also redid my filter to make it more efficent and added more bio material. I am hoping this clears it up soon. I also just placed an order with drs foster and smith for pond plants. i am enclosing a picture and the list of plants i ordered let me know what you think. I missed ponding.
photo.jpg
Item Details:
SA-11269 PL - Pickerel Rush - Potted Qty: 2, Price: $6.99 each = $13.98
SA-80767 PL - Hardy Zones 4-11 Pack Qty: 1, Price: $27.99 each = $27.99
PL - Laydekeri Lilacea (Nymphaea laydekeri lilacea) - Bare Root (1)
PL - Yellow Iris (Iris pseudacorus) - Potted (1)
PL - Ribbon Grass Strawberries & Cream (Phalaris arundinacea) - Potted (1)
SA-11266 PL - Black Gamecock - Potted Qty: 1, Price: $7.99 each = $7.99
SA-11278 PL - Sagittaria montevidensis - Potted Qty: 1, Price: $6.99 each = $6.99
Subtotal: $56.95
FedEx 2 Day Air: $13.99
Shipping Category 1 Sub-total: $70.94

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I would have to agree, That's one good point for living in the south, Ponding is year round here, I really would not like having to start over like some of you have do up north. Bad point of living this far south is having to deal with swarms of mosiquitos already. Your uncovering your pond and we were BBQing and swimming today, LOL Look forward to seeing it take on it's life as it warms up.!!:cool:
BTW, Nice pond set-up.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice selection, also check home depot, lowes they get some nice plants in and not too bad of a price.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
put some quilt batting from walmart you may have to clean the batting but it will pick up all the fine stuff and works great.I agree with addy and also some garden centers carry plants for ponds also I found 2 here

Reaction score
I run one of those whole house filter setups every year in a day or two it will be clear when I start that just putting it off till temperature stabilizes. I got a few lillies from lowes last year they usually grow good.

Ask a Question