Update on the ducks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well our visiting Ducks have been here for days now. They spend many hours a day here. They come and go multiple times a day. The dogs and cat get along just great. Amazing seeing them all out there by the pond. The female comes about 2ft from us. They swim, sleep, eat and things I can not say on the forum ;)

Female Mallard at our pond gp.jpg

Mallard pair in our pond gp.jpg

Male Mallard at our pond gp.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Amazing pictures!!! Seriously those are just breathtaking! Good job.

I have ducks but we don't have such a go relationship as you have with yours. The knock rocks off the waterfall and edges and dump them in the deepest part of the pond, I think they have taken bites out of my fish. They are very messy. Me and my side kicks (chihuahua's) go on duck patrol and chase them away.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Amazing pictures!!! Seriously those are just breathtaking! Good job.

I have ducks but we don't have such a go relationship as you have with yours. The knock rocks off the waterfall and edges and dump them in the deepest part of the pond, I think they have taken bites out of my fish. They are very messy. Me and my side kicks (chihuahua's) go on duck patrol and chase them away.
Thanks for the compliment. So far everything has been pretty good. Hope it stays that way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if they will try to make a nest?
I wanna see be'be's :D
They definitely have a nest, not sure where. They fly off in the same direction away from water in our area. They can nest as far as 3 miles away. The male will leave and mama will be on her own to raise her family. Hopefully she will bring the baby's on by.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Great pics. Would't it be neat to see ma ma and ducklings swimming around in the pond!

Reaction score
They have some good deals on used ones. It is a amazing camera. The best I have used over the years. I bit pricey but high quality

I shall be keeping an eye out, quality is always worth the extra money, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the quality of those pictures, you can see the females plumage in great distinction.

Ask a Question