Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
It has been a long time since I have been on or posted but I have not forgotten about the forum just have been really busy with updating and re-certification of my CPL-H (Helicopter pilot commercial license) plus keeping the turtles and rescue together. I did manage to help a friend I met a while back start their own small scale rescue and so now I work with her as a "satellite rescue" part of MS-ATR helping out when we are at capacity or have some other emergency requiring relocation of our resident turtles. As far as the ponds go nothing has changed but the box turtle area has been expanded to handle up to 8 box turtles at once and their setup is geared towards a longer term stay since they tend to be harder to adopt out than the aquatics. The only bad news since last time I posted is that the oldest female RES turtle Shelly died a couple months ago at the age of 19 years old. A little over 13 of those years were here at the rescue so I definitely miss her but she was getting very old and had medical problems that lowered her overall quality of life so she at least has peace now. Anyway as mentioned earlier the helicopter piloting has been taking up a ton of time but now that the certification portion is finished I will be able to post more regular updates like before.
PS: If you or someone you know is looking to adopt a turtle and they are within reasonable distance to the rescue then send them my way. We have approx. 10 RES males that are all ready for adoption as well as 2 Map turtles and 1 painted turtle. There are also 6 box turtles but at the moment only 2 of them are ready for adoption but that should change very soon. As always if you have questions about turtles or the rescue then feel free to contact me either here on the forums or at my emails - (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed)

Turtle mixed image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great to see you back @Marshall and thanks for the update! Sorry to hear about Shelly but glad that everything else is going well.

FYI - it's not usually a great idea to openly post your email address online, it will get picked up by spammers and added to their lists. If you want me to remove them then let me know ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome back @Marshall , sorry you lost your turtle!:(
Your commitment to save turtles is beautiful! I wish I lived close enough to adopt one (or two)
smkissingturtle.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It has been a long time since I have been on or posted but I have not forgotten about the forum just have been really busy with updating and re-certification of my CPL-H (Helicopter pilot commercial license) plus keeping the turtles and rescue together. I did manage to help a friend I met a while back start their own small scale rescue and so now I work with her as a "satellite rescue" part of MS-ATR helping out when we are at capacity or have some other emergency requiring relocation of our resident turtles. As far as the ponds go nothing has changed but the box turtle area has been expanded to handle up to 8 box turtles at once and their setup is geared towards a longer term stay since they tend to be harder to adopt out than the aquatics. The only bad news since last time I posted is that the oldest female RES turtle Shelly died a couple months ago at the age of 19 years old. A little over 13 of those years were here at the rescue so I definitely miss her but she was getting very old and had medical problems that lowered her overall quality of life so she at least has peace now. Anyway as mentioned earlier the helicopter piloting has been taking up a ton of time but now that the certification portion is finished I will be able to post more regular updates like before.
PS: If you or someone you know is looking to adopt a turtle and they are within reasonable distance to the rescue then send them my way. We have approx. 10 RES males that are all ready for adoption as well as 2 Map turtles and 1 painted turtle. There are also 6 box turtles but at the moment only 2 of them are ready for adoption but that should change very soon. As always if you have questions about turtles or the rescue then feel free to contact me either here on the forums or at my emails - (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed)

View attachment 110944
Would love a box turtle, or two, but I’d have to do my research, set up a proper enclosure, and I’m just not close enough! I doubt you’d ship to Oklahoma. But if you reach a point you are willing to ship them, let me know and I’ll get a good set up going!

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Great to see you back @Marshall and thanks for the update! Sorry to hear about Shelly but glad that everything else is going well.

FYI - it's not usually a great idea to openly post your email address online, it will get picked up by spammers and added to their lists. If you want me to remove them then let me know ;)
Thanks for looking out for the email and you are right about spammers but both of those emails are published publicly on dozens of public forums already so it is okay. Generally I keep my personal email limited so although I check both of those emails they are not my main account so spam is not that big of a problem. Gmail does a pretty good job at being nearly bullet proof to spam anyways. :)

Ask a Question