UPDATED picks. Its coming along...finally

Reaction score
Finally the plants are starting to take hold and its starting to look like a pond rather than a pile of rocks with water. Fish are getting big I got them early spring and they have gained about 1/3 of there over all length between 2-5 inches depending on the fish. The new stream is flowing nicely. We even got our first frog and the bird bath area I put in the falls is getting some use.

Attachments

• POND1.jpg
    POND1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 397
  • POND2.jpg
    POND2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 394
  • POND3.jpg
    POND3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 367
  • POND4.jpg
    POND4.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 393
  • POND5.jpg
    POND5.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 363
Reaction score
Thank you! I got it from the wife and kids for fathers day last year. At first I had it outside of the pond on the rocks but my wife put the idea in my head of making him look like he's floating on the water meditating.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
water looks good also and nice looking .I am sure everyone that see's it is impressed .

Reaction score
Thanks sissy. Yes the water is finally clear. I had a prob with algy and tannis this year but with the UV ,quilt batting and, activated carbon it cleared it self up nicely. Now I can read a news paper on the bottom 4 ft down lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bet it is the focal point of your yard now ,funny how water and fish draw people in .I just wish I could have bigger but not in the cards for me as I really don't have the time any more .Seems I turned into a house hunter for people wanting cheaper way of life .I have a couple coming in from Brooklyn they sold there brownstone and are looking to spend less than 80 thousand and I found them 50 homes ,with land and houses in the 1900 square foot range for less than that they were shocked and told them they could offer even less they could not believe it .They wanted land they got it ,several have more than 3 acres which I am trying to steer them towards something more manageable since they are city people and really don't understand what it takes .I also found 6 homes 1 acre for below 45 thousand that I think they will like .Try to give them choices and knowledge .I just hope they can see that

Reaction score
sissy said:
I bet it is the focal point of your yard now ,funny how water and fish draw people in .I just wish I could have bigger but not in the cards for me as I really don't have the time any more .Seems I turned into a house hunter for people wanting cheaper way of life .I have a couple coming in from Brooklyn they sold there brownstone and are looking to spend less than 80 thousand and I found them 50 homes ,with land and houses in the 1900 square foot range for less than that they were shocked and told them they could offer even less they could not believe it .They wanted land they got it ,several have more than 3 acres which I am trying to steer them towards something more manageable since they are city people and really don't understand what it takes .I also found 6 homes 1 acre for below 45 thousand that I think they will like .Try to give them choices and knowledge .I just hope they can see that
No way...That's awesome!!! I have been thinking of getting another house down south. My wife has family in VA and we visit a lot so we are between there and SC. When we are ready to set it up I'll have to give you a shout.
And yes the pond deff draws people in like moths to a flame lol. Expecialy the kids. The adults like the fish and and the soothing sound of the water babbling and the kids love the fish and putting there feet in the water at feeding time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I look for free don't charge just like to help .I give them the name of the real estate agent I used to buy my second house Art Craft at Coldwell Banker Johnson realty of virginia office located in Danville VA .I just make sure they are not in a bad area and at the cost they want to pay .Taxes are low here I pay about a thousand dollars for 3 acres on a 2440 sq. ft . house .I wanted a ranch and had it built to handicap standards ,just in case .I am about 15 minutes from NC and 20 minutes to Martinsville and about 30 minutes to Danville .

Attachments

• splendors gate july 2013 009.JPG
    splendors gate july 2013 009.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 246
  • splendors gate july 2013 011.JPG
    splendors gate july 2013 011.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 248

Ask a Question