Upside Down Goldfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read the threads, but does anyone know if this is something they can recover from? I thought the fish was dead as it floated to the top of the pond. Was going to fetch it out, then it went down. When I saw it again near the top, again thought it dead, but it was still alive. I have it in an isolation tank in my bathroom. Added pond salt to the water at the rate of 1 tbsp./gal. I have air stones in the water and am feeding it cooked peas about 3 times a day. It has perked up and takes the peas from a toothpick, but still not stabilized. Is there anyone who knows what else I can do? I got the above information from a fish garden center.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Someone here may be able to help you, but it would be nice if you gave us more informatio:
  • How big is your pond?
  • what kind of filtration do you have?
  • how many fish are in your pond and about how big are they?
  • is this a new pond?
Now, I may be wrong....but 1tbsp of salt per gallon of water....seems like too much! Anyone else, feel free to correct me, here.

If the fish is having swim bladder issues, then you are doing about all you can. Be sure the water stays clean, and continue with the aeration, but I would cut back on the salt.

Ask a Question