Urban vs Rural

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Rural people in Colorado are tired of having laws handed down to them by Denver and the associated I25 metro areas. The people in northern Colorado would like to split the state. I recall a bond issue when I lived back there in about 2000. Voting for it was supposed to fix a lot of the road problems throughout Colorado. The bond included projects for a lot of places that needed road work. In the end all the money was spend on I25 in Denver (TREX project) with the exception of one interchange in Colorado Springs that was so bad insurance companies threatened to pull out if it was not fixed. Yet Wikipedia tells us
"The T-REX project finished 3.2% under its $1.67B budget and 22 months ahead of schedule in 2006[6] "

We have similar feeling in our little backwoods Oklahma county. We pay taxes but in general are ignored (which at times is good) when we need state services. It has become a bit of a joke. The local paper offered a cash bounty to anyone who could get a picture of the governor in the county. It was enough of an embarrassment that he showed up. I speculate it was just to make the 'issue' go away.

It feels a bit feudal, What do you think. Is it time to start splitting up states into urban and rural states? Irreconcilable differences.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have been pushing out the Danville City limits for years so the can charge more taxes here .Right now mine are around a thousand a year on 3 acres and if They ever push the city limits out this way it would double or triple .We now have a garbage tax that I think is not fair city people pay 60 dollars a year and truck picks up there garbage and rural we pay 60 dollars and have to drive to the dump .Plus city people get 2 large refuse cans to put there garbage in ,we get nothing .Plus we get NC people driving over here throwing there garbage in our dumps because if they want there's picked up they have to pay .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I wish we could split the city of Toronto off from the rest of the province. Those idiots make laws about things they know nothing about, and foist them on the rest of us. Because they couldn't control the illegal handguns in the hands of Toronto gangs, they forced all the farmers and hunters to register their old Cooeys and Winchesters. They banned the spring bear hunt because the bleeding hearts in downtown TO thought it sounded like it SHOULD be banned; now many years later the bear situation is so bad that rural dumps have to be completely fenced, and the bears line up for lunch on the one or two days a week the dump is open! Camping in the north has become a real challenge, and bears are being spotted in the southern cities with alarming regularity. Got to stop, I can feel my blood pressure rising!! :grumble:
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
serves them right and when bear get hungry they get angry and there fault .I have 3 --1 acre lots and one lot since nothing is on it I pay 26 dollars a year and the house lot is 894 dollars a year because I have what they call a view lot and lot with guest house is 38 dollars a year .The guest house has no bathroom so they can't tax it as a house ,They don't know it has running water and electric so SHHHHH :ph34r: my secret

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Been thinking of sneaking a bathroom in there though ,They cannot look inside unless I let them .Here they even have to ask permission to come on your property if you have signs posted.To many crazy people here with guns and booze

Ask a Question