[Urgent need help] Koi fish float sideway, with body bleeding and some scale off

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey folks I need some urgent help to save my koi!

This morning my koi is no longer move, float on the water sideways. He's still breathing!!! But with some body bleeding and I saw some scale off as well. I took him to a separate container with oxygen bump. He doesn't move at all but I see him breathing with the gill moving.

One thing to note is two other kois passed with similar gesture separately one week ago, and one month ago.

I will attach some photos and videos in the thread. Please help me and help him out!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
CF649E86-62AA-493E-BC33-6D88B5C90DCB.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Similar to the second picture, both sides have some bleeding spots and scales off
E614FD32-2594-4AF3-AD80-26DE9D303A8B.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated I will try anyone of them that makes sense to save him. Thx

Reaction score
Country
United States
What I did so far:
- Because I visited vet last week for some abnormal behavior, and get some antibiotics injection. This morning I inject one of the ten syringe.
- I also did a salt bath hoping to stop some affection after I saw blood

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I am so sorry; I've never had a fish sick like that, so am at a loss. Call the vet back?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How big is your pond and how many koi do you have? What are the results of your water tests? Do you have any predator animals that could have attacked the fish? Did you take the fish to the vet and the vet prescribed antibiotics? Maybe get back in touch with the vet,
but in the meantime, some small water changes might help. Be sure you have good water movement.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
If this is the third fish you lost in a week or two something is off with your water quality, and all are dying in a similar way. Probably bacterial in nature and water quality being low depresses their immune systems. As @Mmathis said test your water to find out what is going on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A RASH SUCH AS those are usually a sign of a water quality issue. from lack of dechlorinator to ph swings

Ask a Question