addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I know I posted this, but it got messed up so trying again. Must of had a real blonde moment

This cute little guy feeds from my suet feeder, I make a mix of peanut butter, seeds, dried fruit, cereal ..........

He came for his afternoon feeding and oppppppppppppss lol, the feeders are up around 15 feet. The only way we can see them from our house.

[ame]

I was going to head down to see if he was ok, but a few moments later, he was drinking out of the stream

The next morning he is back, but this time came from the top, down the wire.

View attachment 6545

Attachments

• DSC01822.jpg
    DSC01822.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 254

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They definitely are acrobat artists aren't they :rolleyes: It's fun to watch them try to get at those bird feeders. I wish they would come around here but they like a lot of trees clumped together for safety and ours are getting bigger but not quite the way they like it I guess. We have a Hazel nut tree and I thought maybe they would like to come find it but there are so many others across the road in the woods that I guess they don't need ours :rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
These guys need to come across two fields from the woods to get to the feeders. They take advantage of the plants to dart up to the feeder. Fun to watch them make a path to the house. Most of them follow the stream ducking under plants.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh it would be fun to be able to look out your windows way up there and look down on all your plants and pond and watch for hours the critters that come and go. I'd never get any work done :regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
There is a "Yankee" series of squirrel proof feeders called the flipper etc that look pretty effective. Also, there is a slippery roof version that they cannot get traction on available at Walmart.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nah, is ok if they feed off of that one, the other bird feeder has the squirrel proof cage.

I enjoy watching them climb the pole and reach the food, and attempt to feed. and actually get some...............lol

Cheap and easy is a plastic water tray you put under pots, cut a slit put around pole they can't get around it. Cost 1.50 or so. But I let them have fun.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
That was funny. Had a problem with them years ago, they do some crazy stuff to get at a feeder. I had feeder hanging from a tree @10" down and a squirrel was hanging from his back feet to eat.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They climb that pole, a few jumps up then a back slide then up then a slide lol Finally getting to the top then the object is to reach the food. It is not an easy task, they are welcome to the treat at the end of their journey.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My little toothless yorkie loves to "attempt" to catch them. She has the heart of a lion, unreal ability to smell out prey, but luckily can not catch it. She sure tries.

Ask a Question