UV Filter

DigdirtJen

Here Fishie Fishie Fishie! :)
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I purchased a smartpond pressurized filter with UV light (8Model #52688) a couple of days ago to help with resolving my pea soup algae floating in my pond. Does anyone have this same UV clarifier/filter?

I would like to know how bright the UV light should be when you look in the indicator window. Although i can see a little bit of purple/blueish light, it's very low, you can barely see it at night in the dark, and you can't see it at all during the day. Does this mean the bulb is going bad and it needs to be replaced, or should it be this dim in the indicator window?

Also, I have another question about this UV clarifier/filter. It says it's 'pressurized'....what is pressurized about it?

Thanks folks!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hello! Although we never recommend UV, I will give you an answer, as I have indeed used it :)

at first on mine you couldn’t even see the light, and I had to cup my hands around it till Incould see it.

mother than that I can’t be of any use.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is pressurized because the lid on the filter is locked down with a gasket. That insures that the water is forced thru the filter media inside the canister. The light on the top is just barely visable, a UV bulb is good for about one year of usage.

Ask a Question