uv installed.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
After struggling with green water for years, we finally installed a uv light yesterday. Its 55 watts and attaches to a 3000 gph pump. Any ideas on when we can expect to see some improvement?

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
My pond is about 5000 gallons. The uv system is separate from a mechanical and bio filter system. Full sun all day.

Reaction score
I agree it will probably be clear in a few days. One thing you need to ask yourself is "why have we been struggling with green water for years?". Is your stocking level too high? Is your filtration inadequate? Do you need to do a water change? Is the bottom of the pond filthy? Etc etc.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
I ask myself that daily lol! My water tests are great each time I test it so I think my filtration is adequete. Being in SC in the summer, I lose water to evaporation so I probably add fresh water once a week at least plus I use the pond water to clean the filter pads and bio media once a week so I replace that that as well. My fish load is too high but I am attached to them (most have names). The bottom of my pond is not rocked. When I net it, I do not get alot of debris. I did have one dead spot that seems to collect debris but the new uv return is in that area so hopefully that will help that issue. I would love to have clear water but not at the expense of parting with my babies. I would rehome some goldies if I could catch them.

Ask a Question