UV light for very small (50 gal) pond?

Reaction score
Anyone got suggestions for a UV light for a very small pond? (See pics here: https://www.gardenpondforum.com/my-mini-pond-pics-and-stories-t5444.html)

I've got a small box filter - the SmartPond MFBX500 - that fits down in the pond bed. It works well for removing silt and debris, however I do have problems with algae (green water). Right now I'm using chemicals, though I know that's not a good long-term solution, especially if/when I add fish of course.

I see other threads discussing UV lights, though they're all for fairly big ponds.

I have a basic 330 gph pump, that sits inside the filter box. It'd be nice if I could integrate the light inline into that somehow, though other solutions are possible too.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Look on eBay u can get. A 9 watt one for about 20 bucks serch under uv light aquarium. Even though it says for aqauarim it will can be used on a pond. I got a 36w and pump for about 70. 1/4 the price of a "pond" uv light

Reaction score
Dont by from lotuspond2010 on ebay. I bought a uv from them that quit after a week and they wouldn't respond to emails until I filed a dispute. Also took a week just to ship the "in stock" light.

Ask a Question