UV light recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Meyer Jordan , a simple, "you are correct" would have sufficed.

No need to defend.It's not constructive to go down the route of who's right and who's wrong.

I agree.

It's just that you switched from correct terminology to general terminology. Usually it's the other way around.

I suppose hairs are being split now to prove a point, becoming quite tedious.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Subject of cyanobacteria toxicity, for current context, has been belabored well enough and I have reasons to believe Mitch's response to my question and to this concern is sound.

To suggest otherwise, I do believe is trying to scare people so to persuade.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, but expect the same scrutiny put on you as you put on other people.

Would please provide a post of mine that best exemplifies this scrutiny i have put on others?

I do believe this may be more projection.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Mitakuye - it does seem that you are quite often on the defensive. We are all here to learn and grow at whatever level we feel most comfortable. I'm not much for the chemistry part of ponding, but I do enjoy reading and learning from those who are way ahead of me on the curve. The contentious spirit seems to show up whenever you post. How about just having a conversation?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, insulting people by calling them hysterical is going to get you banned.
There's a fact that can't be disputed.

Quite possible for remarks be about the statements made, rather than person whom submits the statements.

Fortunately, I think this final determination is not determined by you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure. You can be whatever you want. I'm just not sure what you feel you gain by constantly challenging people. Seems like it would be more fun to just share ideas. It's not a competition to see who's smartest.

I thought I was sharing, yet I was being challenged on most I submit, yet you say it is not a competition. More and more projection.

Appears chosen I am now the subject of conversation.

Leaving this conversation until the subject changes back to what it was.

Reaction score
Country
United States
As to the subject of "quick fixes", unfortunate to read reactions, does appear to be a rhetorical exercise of exaggerating the negatives, side effects, etc, in so to scare people to think different about "quick fixes".

In my humble opinion, agreement should not be necessary to understand the credible applicability of particular "quick fixes".

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Mucky_Waters I do not know if zooplankton feed on sessile algae, but I do know there are zooplankton that anchors themselves to sessile algae to "fish" for Plankton.

I often observe sessile algae and phytoplankton coexist.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I often observe sessile algae and phytoplankton coexist.

If, by this statement, you mean live in the same body of water, then yes. If you are indicating some form of symbiotic relationship, then no. The term 'plankton' precludes attachment to anything.
If it is attached it is then sessile.

Plankton-
the aggregate of passively floating, drifting, or somewhat motile organisms occurring in a body of water, primarily comprising microscopic algae and protozoa.
Dictionary.com

Ask a Question