UV Light run time

Reaction score
Country
United States
So trying to get my algae blooms under control I decided to try a UV light and it has worked great to help my clarity. Now I was wondering if I can shut the uv light down at night and run during the day and be able to maintain the water clarity? Im guessing time will tell but trying to get an idea on what to expect.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
So trying to get my algae blooms under control I decided to try a UV light and it has worked great to help my clarity. Now I was wondering if I can shut the uv light down at night and run during the day and be able to maintain the water clarity? Im guessing time will tell but trying to get an idea on what to expect.
this litterally sounds like me! I jsut did the same thing, and tonight I will try shutting it off, and see what the results are in the morning :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am no expert on UV lights, and yes I do have one, use it for algae bloom control.
I have read that turning it on and off can/will shorten the useful life of the bulb.
I used mine for about 14 days in the spring, got the algae bloom under control,
and haven't needed it since.

Ask a Question