UV light

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 126 gallon above ground pond & need to know what kind of uv light to put in it? What should the cost of one be?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. Have you done an Internet search? Product specs should answer your questions and you'd have to find one you liked to know the cost.

Where do you live? How much trouble are you having with algae? Do you have fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you even need a uv light for a small pond. If you have algae when starting a new pond that's fine. They breakdown harmful substances into less dangerous ones to your fish. If you have a biofilter eventually beneficial bacterial will build up and then your pond will "cycle" and the algae will go away as long as you don't put too many nutrients in the water. If you really want a uv light there are a lot of small filters that come with one.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. I have about 15 goldfish. Have a filter box that has black balls with slits in the bottom & a couple of spongey filters in it. Also in the box is my pump that creates a sprinkler. The water gets so green that you cannot see the fish. I have done complete & parcel water changes but within 3 weeks the water is green.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can get one on ebay real cheap and if it works great if not you are not out alot of money .I paid 39 dollars for and 18 watt with extra bulbs from topdoggsellar and cll pets on there has 5 ,7 and 9 watt ones

Ask a Question