sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw those on e bay too .Looking at the description they look small .I guess they would work for a small pond or fish tank .They popped up when I was looking at pumps.They only have the 36 watt one besides that one .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
doesn't say a name but you can ask the sellar questions like what size pump you need to get to make sure it works properly and seems no one is reviewing it even though he said he sold 215 of them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Our Sterilizer on the indoor koi tank cost around £79.00 UK personally I would question the seller as to , how much the replacement bulbs are, who makes them and how he can put them out that cheaply

Dave

Reaction score
The replacement bulbs are $10. I'd hate to spend three times as much for something if I don't need too.

It's basically just a plastic tube with a bulb in it anyway. I don't see why it should cost $200.

Anyone have experience with any other brands?

Reaction score
I bought something similar for my small (~500 gallons) pond. Seems to work fine- typically only run it for a couple of weeks, so even though I bought three bulbs when I got it (to save on shipping), I am still on the first one. I turn it on if the pond starts to look a little green, and it typically clears up within a few days. The inner tube is glass on mine, not plastic, but agree with the pricing- $200 seems ridiculous.

The AC/DC adapter was definitely of the indoor variety though- open vents. I put it in a cheap tupperware with a couple of hole cut for the wires, still working after two years.

Ask a Question