UV watts?

Reaction score
Hello to all. Quick question on how many watt bulbs i should be running for my pond. Its about 3,000 gallons. I run a savio skimmer with integrated UV bulb. It currently has a 26 watt bulb in it. Iam using a 100gph pump to pull through it. I ran this system last year and the pond was only 1800 gallons and never had a water clarity problem. It is a little green this year. I was wondering if i should add a second 26 watt bulb? Or is just the spring time start up waiting for my 45 gallon home made bio filter to get going? water has a very small green tint to it but i can still see to the bottom in the 4ft deep section. Thanks all....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
My 9 watter with a 1200 gph pump on a 1200 gal pond will clear the water up in 3 days. Why do you run such a low gph pump?

Reaction score
100 gal per hour is a little slow, i am currently running a 36watt in my 1000gal pond and its currently having 360 gal/hr which is slow to me, i am trying to integrate it into my filter line which is 1000gal/hr. If it seems to be working no need to go out and spend more money on something thats working.

Also the slower the water running through it the longer it will take to clear the water. curently i went from pea soup green, to lime green in 5 days.

Ask a Question