Vacation feeding

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two small water features that have a few very small "feeder" goldfish in each. I only feed them 2-3 times/week right now (they eat plants, insects, algae, etc. at other times), and I thought I'd just give them each a "vacation feeder block" when I leave town for a few weeks, but I found out the blocks have copper in them, so they'd be toxic to my trapdoor and other pond snails. :cry: Clearly that won't work.

I don't think an automatic feeder would work because of the set-up I have.

What do you all do if you leave town? Would the fish probably be okay for 12-14 days if they have enough plants to munch on, or if I feed them well before I leave? Unfortunately, I don't have any available neighbors to help me out while I'm gone.

Thanks for your ideas!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They will be fine without food until you come back. Esp since they are small and you have plants in the water features.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
Your goldfish will be fine while you are away. I am assuming they are small and therefore lots of food around for their tiny appetites. They will welcome you when you get back! Dont give them a big feed before you go either. Just normal feed.

Ask a Question