Variety in their diet

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just googled a little and I want to add more to my koi’s diet. I’m was thinking about ordering some medium crickets from amazon and also I was also thinking about ordering some bloodworms. Do you guys use the live bloodworms or the frozen or both? I’ve never bought live so I don’t know much about them. Anything else people can think of. I’ve also seen mealworms. Thank you!!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I just googled a little and I want to add more to my koi’s diet. I’m was thinking about ordering some medium crickets from amazon and also I was also thinking about ordering some bloodworms. Do you guys use the live bloodworms or the frozen or both? I’ve never bought live so I don’t know much about them. Anything else people can think of. I’ve also seen mealworms. Thank you!!
I use frozen bloodworms, but not for koi, just my babies inside. I would not recommend freeze dried bloodworms, my fish were just never interested in them cause they were basically just shells of bloodworms.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For variety (I have goldfish), I just rotate different brands or textures of commercial foods. Then, I’ll give them treats (like veggies, fruit, insects I catch in the yard). IDK about protein requirements for koi, but I would caution about adding too much to their diet without balancing it with other foods.

Ask a Question