victoria lillies (south america)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
does any body have any victoria lillies in their pond..or is anybody familiar with them? i just saw them on a FLN network show called15 BODACIOUS BACKYARDS while eating dinner.. any ways they can grow large enough for a person to walk on. i gotta say there was some gorgeious ponds in the line up....if you get this channel you will really enjoy this show...its next air times are 6:00 pm est.,on the 19th and 6:00pm est. on the 22nd.. its worth watching!!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
heres a pic....not the biggest ones but this is what they look like

Attachments

• co02-0240.jpg
    co02-0240.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 332
Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
ive seen pix where theyre bigger than that....watch the show!!

Just thought I would post it as this is in Colorado Springs were I live. I did not know they would live in this dry climate.

Reaction score
Tricker specializes in the Victoria and believe they have have a veriety they created that can handle colder water temps. The size of the plant can be controled by its container size so they can be planted in a smaller pond. With the thorns and all I'm not sure they would be so good for a koi pond but, I have thought about it.

Ask a Question