Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It should work if you just pase in a youtube link in this format:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8iqEzJ5-gE

However, the code needs to be "delinked" if you are using IE, as it has a habbit of turning it automatically in to links.

I'll do in and fix your links now :)

edit: Link now fixed, I just pasted in the link, selected it and then clicked the "unlink" button on the toolbar (I submitted a bug report to the forum guys, but they said it's an IE problem - so this is a temporary fix for now).

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ian I am having trouble embedding video with google chrome, just get a link. I don't have any problems with IE, is there a trick to get it to work for chrome?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ian....the "unlink " tab on my forum thread tool bar is inactive. so i cant use it. is there another solution to embedding videos here?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll see if I can add a video button to the toolbar which may work better :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
OK, it's added now and will hopefully work for you :D. It's the button that looks like a film reel.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Your link does not appear to be complete. What are the ... parts for? Is this missing text that needs to be in the link?
Dave

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yeah..the first one up top in post #2 works as a link...they shouldnt be links...it should be embedded in the post.
o.k i got it to work..as long as it stays working...everything is dandy...i have to click on the url address in the post to make the "unlink" button appear then click it. took 3 times but worked. maybe the problem is solved.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you've got this sorted :) You may need to highlight or click on the link in the editor before clicking "unlink". The new media button should work too (looks like a film reel). The forum software company are aware of the bug and are working on it, so I hope we'll have a fix soon.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Koiguy are you just trying to post a utube video so it appears like it used to when you copy the link and paste it? And is this working for some and not others or is it working off and on for everyone. Cuz I posted a utube video yesterday, the old way and it worked for me. Ok I think you are trying to do something w/ the link button that is not working so never mind I guess.

Ask a Question