Video of A Ruby Throated Hummingbird

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Awesome video! The first time I saw a hummingbird land in a tree I was like "WAIT ONE SECOND! I thought hummingbirds never stopped flying!" Another nature myth busted!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks @RobAmy !
Hummingbirds perch on trees nearby their feeder, also on feeders like the ones I have that have perches

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have very few hummingbirds this year. Usually they are inhaling the sugar water, but not this year. Weeks to drop the level one inch.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have very few hummingbirds this year. Usually they are inhaling the sugar water, but not this year. Weeks to drop the level one inch.

I have not seen a single hummingbird yet, but I've been seeing the occasional oriole and grosbeak.
Hopefully the hummingbirds will be seen more once their favorite plants start blooming in my gardens.

EDIT: I take that back. Just saw three.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hummers are great! They are so much fun to watch. I have held one in my hand when we build a home back in Ontario, Canada. Somehow he had gotten into the house during construction and flew up to windows in living room that had a cathedral ceiling. My wife and I luckily were staying in our RV at the house site and walked in and heard the buzzing. When I saw him, I grab the big ladder and a towel and went up to get him. He was exhausted as he allow me to grab him gently. Brought him down, made him comfortable in a small cardboard box and waited until he got his energy back. They are so very pretty birds.

Ask a Question