j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pretty fish and my eyes are taken to following the yellow colored one the most. It seems to want to be the star of the show :cool:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice fish and the pond looks good. Do you feed that heavy all the time? watching how long the video went and how much food was still there at the end was a little concerning. I feed about that much food per feeding with about three times as many fish. I never have any food left over at all on the pond surface after 3-4 minutes. I also realise you may have fed a little heavy so they would stay up for the video, your pond water looks to good to me for that to be regular practice.

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
Yeah the yellow koi grabs most of the attention with guests also. Not only does it show up really well but He seems to be more active than the rest also.

That was My Wife doing the feeding and I realized after watching video again that You can actually hear Me complaining to slow down a little along with My Son watering plants like crazy in the background.

Usually I make sure there isn't any food left over unless it sticks on a lily pad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Neo, Really nice fish. Yes, the yellow one is the star and is very pretty. How long have you had it?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Nice Fish
The wife must of just wanted to keep the feeding frenzy going for the show

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
CometKeith said:
Neo, Really nice fish. Yes, the yellow one is the star and is very pretty. How long have you had it?

Not very long, We just put the pond in early this year and it was the first Koi we bought. I actually got a deal on Him, the local plant nursery here had a sale on koi with damaged fins even though I never noticed any on him.

The black and white one actually does have tiny fins if you look closely but still swims normal. Thought they would heal back but now it's been months and look exactly the same.

DrCase said:
Nice Fish
The wife must of just wanted to keep the feeding frenzy going for the show

And it worked, they got a good meal out of it yesterday and actually finished all that I think!

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
I tried to get some better video of the other fish. You can see the other butterfly in this one a bit better.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]9EKuN1FGaRc[/MEDIA]"]

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That feeding looked a lot better! LOL the yellow one is just a show off! he steals the show, by far he's the standout fish! Do you have any idea what the orange colored butterfly is? It's a pretty fish, All that black makes it blend in the pond more which makes it not stand out as well but he's really a nice looking fish.

Ask a Question