Vines for ponds

Reaction score
I have just installed an arbor over my pond to help ease the algae bloom. I would like to know what kind of vines are "fish friendly"?

Attachments

• DSC01281.JPG
    DSC01281.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC01280.JPG
    DSC01280.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 382
Ad

Advertisements

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Pergolas are what I plan to do over my ponds as well. I am going to use grape vines, I have a friend who has had these for years over his pond. They grow fast and provide shade and fruit. You can cut them back and they will fill in every spring.

Reaction score
After we get ours built we are running honeysuckle, jasmine, passion flower and climatis on ours. those are all just flowering and arn't very messy in the rest of the garden.

Reaction score
for what its worth.... honeysuckle is great.... not too messy, beautiful flowers and the hummingbirds LOVE it... Raccoons love grapes and seem to get to ours just before we do

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I didn't know they ate grapes. There goes my idea of a pergola with grape vines.

I heard of a vineyard in Cal. that thought it was wild turkeys that were eating the grapes. They set up a camera to monitor the vines and saw that it actually was raccoons that did the majority of damage.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question