Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 13.33.05.jpg

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Uh oh, shopping for fresh fish. Grey heron? Lovely garden.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Strangely he didn't bother with my Orfe pond. maybe he knows how fast Orfe can be. Or maybe he just didn't like the look of the bubbling water in the middle.

In any case, he went to the smaller pond and even though it's covered by a net he punched through the net and punched a hole in the head of one of my shubunkins. :cry: I've increased the height of the net above the water and now looking online for a motion-detect-flamethrower or something like that.

actually I wouldn't mind much if he took the odd orfe now and then. They breed like.. well, like orfe and there's maybe too many in there now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
What a beautiful pond and patio! I always have at least one Grand Egret at my pond but they have never been able to catch a fish. None of my shubunkins have been injured either. I think the Great Blue Herons are more aggressive since so many have problems with them...I haven't had any find my pond yet in two years thank goodness (it probably is because my pond is under a huge Live Oak...My fish are very wary though and never seem to swim close to the sides..they stay in the proximity of their fish cave most of the time during daylight hours....

Ask a Question