Waking up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Spring can't be too far off - I'm seeing teensy signs of life all over. Creeping Jenny is popping up, watercress too and I even found two lotus leaves emerging which was a relief since they had an emergency transplant over the winter. But I think the sure sign is that the goldfish are famished and the frog has emerged. Soon I hope the string algae dies a peaceful death. Come on spring :cool:
20230305_102243.jpg
20230305_125203.jpg
20230223_120056.jpg

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Spring can't be too far off - I'm seeing teensy signs of life all over. Creeping Jenny is popping up, watercress too and I even found two lotus leaves emerging which was a relief since they had an emergency transplant over the winter. But I think the sure sign is that the goldfish are famished and the frog has emerged. Soon I hope the string algae dies a peaceful death. Come on spring :cool:
View attachment 156170

Well, spring may be happening, and the little frog looks alert enough. However, the larger frog, as well as your owl, look like they could use some fattening up!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
View attachment 156172View attachment 156171View attachment 156170
OMG They are so beautiful! Do you know what the water temp of your pond is? My fish still sleeping in a fish cave.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks! No, I'm afraid that I have failed to invest in a thermometer. Our weather has been close to 70 for the past week and around 40 over night so things have really perked up quickly. I worry that we'll have more cold weather though, I think it's a bit soon to relax. At least the watercress won't be hurt if it gets cold again - that stuff is tough!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our pond is 49f right now, never dropped below 45 or so all winter, our pretend winter.

I have fed the fish twice, water was 51, just a bit, lily leaves coming up, buds hitting the surface. This next week we are back into the 40's for over a week.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 156172View attachment 156171View attachment 156170
I know, isn't it Great!! I just posted a pic of a couple of frogs that's clearly in Love!! This time of the year is so exciting!!

Ask a Question