Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well can be done but lots of work
Clamp the pvc well and use a power planer
or a very rough grinder, low speed

Or you could clamp it well and use a large drill bit, that would give you shavings

PS3

Reaction score
cauzeneffeckt this is a pain u are better of geting shiping strapping for the media its lite and cheap. just get the one that has texture on the sides. i have 2 hug bags on it in my skippy

Reaction score
Also, if your shavings are not wide enough and long enough--like with bacti-twist--those little itt bitty shavings of PVC get everywhere and create a mongo mess. There are some things just worth buying.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The PVC shavings they sell in the fish stores for bio filters are PVC pipe that has been turned in a lathe at approximatley .030" feed per revolution. The pipe is held in the headstock (chuck) and a single point tool in the tool post cuts the pipe as it rotates.

The largest Koi store here in San Diego uses this for his Japanese imported koi tanks. They may be a pain to use unless they are in a bag or in a seperate filter compartment like the LFS has done.

Ask a Question