Wanting to start pond biz

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am a AV tech/stagehand as my career,but I really enjoy my pond and have built a few backyard ponds and a few ponds that are a few acres big.
I have decided I want to start a pond cleaning Business. Have the LLC and things I use to clean smaller ponds. I would really appreciate if someone for guide me in the right Direction...... pleasessssss :)

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Not sure what information you are looking for. I can tell you this. Unless you live near a major metropolitan area with a high median income and a good percentage of high end consumers, don't quit your day job.
That statement comes from 20 years in the Water Feature industry specializing in design/build/maintenance of all types of features.
As with any hobby based business it is a niche industry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sounds like it can be fun and hopefully profitable. Probably the best way to build up a customer base would be to do lots of networking. One good referral source can actually make for a solid business nowadays but you need to establish yourself as the best at what you do and focus on customer satisfaction even if you don't always make money on every job. I'm in construction. We never advertise and I have more business than I know what do with because I refuse to have a dissatisfied customer. Good luck with your new business!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am not to concerned about a huge profit. It is more because I like it. My son is autistic and my daughter was in a SUV with her step mom who was under the influence on March 6th this year and they was hit by a train, killing her brother. So now I have 2 kids that require me to have loads of time off of work. I just want to do something I enjoy and helps me with stress. Plus I can pick the hours.
I have a landscaper that said he wants to use me when they have ponds involved. Is more and more these days. I clean a few elderly peoples ponds now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
I am not to concerned about a huge profit. It is more because I like it. My son is autistic and my daughter was in a SUV with her step mom who was under the influence on March 6th this year and they was hit by a train, killing her brother. So now I have 2 kids that require me to have loads of time off of work. I just want to do something I enjoy and helps me with stress. Plus I can pick the hours.
I have a landscaper that said he wants to use me when they have ponds involved. Is more and more these days. I clean a few elderly peoples ponds now.

Sounds like you are on your way already.
You have experience and references from landscapers.
Check with Pond supply stores that don't offer this service and ask them for referrals.

Good Luck.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry for your loss. Tragic.

Keep in mind that if you're going to be using your vehicle for the purpose of business, you will most likely require commercial insurance. Business Liability insurance is a must, as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow, that's terrible about the accident. It sounds like both your children need you around and this would be a good way to do it. I don't know how much business experience you have but you might want to look into free courses that might be available that are sponsored by either local banks, ohamber of commerces, or small woman business organizations in your area. There is a lot more to setting up a business plan and running a business than most people realize and it's good to know as much as possible right from the beginning.

Ask a Question