Wanvisa lily has a flower bud

MK3

Reaction score
Country
United States
i didn't think this lily would bloom il until next spring...so I was really excited to see a bud pop up this morning. It's really amazing how quickly the pond changes. A few days ago, my Sagittaria had a 2 inch stem with some new buds on it, within two days it shot up about 2 feet. Yesterday I discovered a whole bunch of snails, they weren't there or noticeable the day before. And today I have a flower bud on my lily! Can't wait for it to bloom, will post pictures when it does. This will be the very first lily flower. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 308

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are going to love that lily, the flowers are gorgeous. Mine is blooming beautifully this summer . They come up with different deepness of the color, always with the cream
streaks in the petals. Some of mine have been this deep, the next blossom more of a creamy pink, one was orangish. Then two the deep color you see here, never know what it will open like.
Can't wait to see what yours looks like

lo.JPG

MK3

Reaction score
Country
United States
You are going to love that lily, the flowers are gorgeous. Mine is blooming beautifully this summer . They come up with different deepness of the color, always with the cream
streaks in the petals. Some of mine have been this deep, the next blossom more of a creamy pink, one was orangish. Then two the deep color you see here, never know what it will open like.
Can't wait to see what yours looks like

View attachment 83848

Awesome. We bought it based on pictures only. Thought it would be fun to have a colorful lily.

Did you get yours at Lilypons? That's where we went.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I want to see it when it opens! Pics I've seen are gorgeous! Is it changeable or does it stay the same color?

I want one!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did you get yours at Lilypons? That's where we went.

Nah I am a cheapie, bought it on ebay for 10 bucks the tuber was around one inch in size, with two leaves, I picked it up two falls ago. It bloomed the next summer, now it is blooming constantly.

I have been to lilypons they do have nice plants, nice fish, then i found out abut the hatchery that supplies the fish to them., went out there and bought a few this spring.

MK3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah I am a cheapie, bought it on ebay for 10 bucks the tuber was around one inch in size, with two leaves, I picked it up two falls ago. It bloomed the next summer, now it is blooming constantly.

I have been to lilypons they do have nice plants, nice fish, then i found out abut the hatchery that supplies the fish to them., went out there and bought a few this spring.

10 dollars??? I think we paid like $40 for ours, but it was already pretty big.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I rarely get to see my lilies in full bloom until the weekend. Most of mine tend to not be fully open until after 9 a.m.,and then closing by 4. I leave for work before 8:30 and don't get home until at least 5:30. So, keep that in mind when watching for your lily to bloom. Best part is the same flower will open and close for about a week or 10 days. :) It will be VERY exciting indeed!

MK3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I spotted two more buds still underwater! So those should come up soon. Unfortunately, we're all about to leave for a trip this weekend. And I'll be gone for about a month which means I'm probably going to miss a lot of the blooming :/

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bummer, they will bloom all summer for you, give them some fertilizer tabs when you get back.

MK3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really glad we picked such a bright color because it definitely catches your eye from the upstairs windows

Ask a Question