Waretrop's Pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have really enjoyed our little pond. It's about 15 years old now. We did have something put a hole in the liner so we emptied, washed and wiped down the whole thing and them put another liner on top of the old one. That was a few years ago. I just can't get good pictures of it. Must be reflection.

pond1.jpg

pond2.jpg

pond3.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice looking pond, share your pond life what type of filter how deep is it.? water changes.? no water changes etc. What do you see made your pond successful for 15 years

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a generic low pressure stack filter. We don't do water changes often, we seem to get enough rain to keep it going. We have a well but just don't do them. We have to depths by the waterfall it is about 3 feet, the other side it is about 5 feet deep. The fish stay in there all year and the waterfall and filter run all winter. It sits right out the door of our greenhouse.

vv0723141409.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Looks great!

My water lettuce is starting to get out of control as usual.
Every year around this time it begins to take over.
I think I need to pull some out.
It has taken over about 3/4 of the pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@poconojoe yes..our water lettuce has been out of control. We have been selectively harvesting and selling it..now we are just stripping it out in small areas every few days.

Joe, you missed our garden tour weeks ago..things were top notch at that time...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I THINK THEY PREFER PART SUN TO FILTERED SUN. POSTER SAID IT WAS IN THEIR GREEN HOUSE SO NO DIRECT SUN

Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL @GBBUDD This poster is in front of the greenhouse...there is only a sidewalks width between them..LOL The plant did not bloom until the last 7 days this year where other years it bloomed all summer...It is still wonderful to see so many stunning flowers on the pond in Sept. Many Hyacinth, Lotus and Lilies. This poster just loves it....

Ask a Question