Warm water....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to schlomp into my pond today to do some maintenance and I know its hot here today, 29'c, but I wasn't expecting the water to be so warm!
Last I know we have two goldfish, some frogs and newts... Will they be OK with the tropical weather?
Approx 15'x6'x3or4' pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Goldfish are pretty hardy and your pond is large and deep. Shade and aeration, some floating plants, are probably enough for them to be happy. Keep an eye on the water chemistry and I think you'll do just fine. If you add fish, be sure to float them in their transport bag to equalize the water temperatures, and not in the sun. (I'm in Florida US and it will be 32'c and mine are fine, so far.) Happy schlomping.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Goldfish are pretty hardy and your pond is large and deep. Shade and aeration, some floating plants, are probably enough for them to be happy. Keep an eye on the water chemistry and I think you'll do just fine. If you add fish, be sure to float them in their transport bag to equalize the water temperatures, and not in the sun. (I'm in Florida US and it will be 32'c and mine are fine, so far.) Happy schlomping.
Thank you!!! "xxx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I know but my adhd mouth blurted out "let's do 10" and I swear one of the fish winked at me.....

Ask a Question