Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I am no religious fanatic but I believe there is something beyond the sky but, I am sorry if your God says that if I don't "submit" then I should lose my head ? Well my short response to that is gfys the long response is the same only spelled out... This multi-culture idea is gonna wash us all into a non existent oblivion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nah mate your wrong look at life the buddhist way and the cycle of life death and rebirth .
It is a fact that the church removed this teaching for resurection instead of rencarnation me I've been a natural sailor since I was a child the only thing I wanted to do was to join the navy which I did and saw a good part of the world Rio in one direction Cyprus in another Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Amsterdam, Hambourg, France twice, Italy [three times], Spain [I worked there], Gibraltar, Malta, most of the Caribbean Pr St Thomas, Virgin Gorda, Barbados, StCriox, America Florida [four times], Philidelphia, New york, Washington oh I forgot Norfolk Virginia [four times],

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Nah mate your wrong look at life the buddhist way and the cycle of life death and rebirth .
It is a fact that the church removed this teaching for resurection instead of rencarnation me I've been a natural sailor since I was a child the only thing I wanted to do was to join the navy which I did and saw a good part of the world Rio in one direction Cyprus in another Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Amsterdam, Hambourg, France twice, Italy [three times], Spain [I worked there], Gibraltar, Malta, most of the Caribbean Pr St Thomas, Virgin Gorda, Barbados, StCriox, America Florida [four times], Philidelphia, New york, Washington oh I forgot Norfolk Virginia [four times],
I like the Zen Buddhist model ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Then go with it mate , another thing I hate is violence of any type and I think the world is coming to a crunch point bcause of it mark my words it will start in the Middle east .
The Dali Laama has been rencarnated many times they set tests for them to pass as a small child if they pass it proves they have lived there as the Laama before , it may be a secret drawer in a cabinet that is covered with many drawers only the Laama will know which they are .
We saw a documentary of monks going into Tibet to find a young child who talked to other monks he was four but sounded so mature for his years.
The monk who is chagred to look after the Laama then puts the chikld to the test , if he picks the right drawers then it is proof of his rencarnation .
Pretty cool eh

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
i'm Buddhist so should i be losing my head? Anyway I like to listen to other religion but just dont try to say I wont go to heaven or be saved if i'm not believe in some savior. I have friends of all believe system though so I believe the fanatic will always be fanatic in every believe system (and there are everywhere!)

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
i'm Buddhist so should i be losing my head? Anyway I like to listen to other religion but just dont try to say I wont go to heaven or be saved if i'm not believe in some savior. I have friends of all believe system though so I believe the fanatic will always be fanatic in every believe system (and there are everywhere!)

It is the extremist that should be the focus of concern. No matter if it is of religious, political or other ideological base, extremism in any form is dangerous.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nepen I didnt know that I agree with everything your religion stands for the christian religion has it all wrong and I dont believe we are seeing Christs teachings , it is a fact that he went to Inda and formed his ideas meeting with the buddists and stayed for the time he was there for then went home to his own country to become the leader of a cult that is now called chritianity .
However the Catholic church was reponsible for highjacking his teachings which became distorted .
It is also true that a christian church was up and runing in India because of his teaching many moons before the Christians went to the far east and India to convert the heathen to our western beliefs .
No religeon has a monopoly over others even the muslim faith teaches peace though their message has become distorted in the minds of many bcause of our repeated crusades into what is now the middle east to rape and pillage and take at what that time was a seat of great peace learning for chritianity
Since then as Nephen quite rightly puts it the fanatic will always be the fanatic and there i no greater fanatical race than the Israeli who will not allow for peace in the middle east.
We the west need walk away from them because until we do it
America really needs to walk away from them, to distance themselves from them if they cant then there will never be peace.
The Israelis had good teachers they have become as bad as the Nazis that once murdered them in their milliions [they as a nation need time to heal themselves].
In Plymouth we have the oldest Jewish temple in the UK , I have British Jewish friends many who are fed up with Isreal and its stance, some have even left the religeon in disgust [says alott that doesnt it ].
Mark my words we are coming to a major crunch point that will take the world to the brink as for my own faith I regected it many years ago its based on falseness .
Nepen I say I am leaning towards buddhist teachings and have been for a long long time now however I wonder how do I become buddhist ?

Dave

Last edited:

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Well my view is pretty basic, If you feel the need to cut off my head then I suggest you bring a sharp blade because I am very hard headed....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nepen I didnt know that I agree with everything your religion stands for the christian religion has it all wrong and I dont believe we are seeing Christs teachings , it is a fact that he went to Inda and formed his ideas meeting with the buddists and stayed for the time he was there for then went home to his own country to become the leader of a cult that is now called chritianity .
However the Catholic church was reponsible for highjacking his teachings which became distorted .
It is also true that a christian church was up and runing in India because of his teaching many moons before the Christians went to the far east and India to convert the heathen to our western beliefs .
Nepen I say I am leaning towards buddhist teachings and have been for a long long time now however I wonder how do I become buddhist ?

Dave

Dave, I didnt know that about Christina and India? this is the first time I heard it!

If you want to be a Buddhist, just be a Buddhist. There's no ritual or ceremony. It's in your mind and behavior. You dont even have to say you are Buddhist if you just want to learn the path. It's very open. Buddhist is all in your mind. Dont let other people tell you that you have to go to the temple to be a Buddhist, that is material and not true to the teaching. Though, temple and good monk can answer your questions and guide you. If someone tell you you have to buy this and that / donate this much and that much to go to heaven that's not a true of the religion either, those are people who just use religion to benefit themselves. The teaching does say that supporting monk (or those who do good thing) is a good merit but if you only do that and not work on yourself then it's not going to make any difference.

Making merit is a practice to help you let go of material things. When you can let go then you worry less, angry less. The main teaching is about being peaceful and happy, realizing that life is a consequence of your action (Karma means your action).

walking in a middle path is key.

I follow several teaching point right now, one thing I always try to do is - Think good, Say good, and Do good (hard to translate from Thai ;))

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It is the extremist that should be the focus of concern. No matter if it is of religious, political or other ideological base, extremism in any form is dangerous.
totally agree with you there. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
totally agree with you there. :)

So do I @Nephen so do I my friend the sadness is that all the religious Extremist from all sides are focused into one area the middle east .
I always try to do good and help out where and when I can I've made peace with the world and myself and have a lovely Lady to call my Most of the material things in our home are either sourced from natural things as do many of the pictures and ornaments, plates etc that Val and I collect from charity shops thus doing a good deed
Bad Karma dogged me till 97 then good karma has started to follow I've even forgiven our burgler he was on Heroin , I have to take morphine just to live partially pain free, I can garentee we are both addicts mine however is prescribe his sourced by crime .
I have good and Loyal friends who help out where and when they can and I go out of my way to make people laugh to se them happy should they need a good laugh mostly at my own expense I may add .
I know it makes me part way there but it would be his teachings I would need to learn , I do have a book of his daily wisdoms .

Here is the link to the early Indian Church Brought to them by St Thomas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_centers_of_Christianity#India

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Peace will come to our species when the last brick of the last church falls on the head of the last religious leader.

(warning, that comment may offend some people.;))

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Peace will come to our species when the last brick of the last church falls on the head of the last religious leader.

(warning, that comment may offend some people.;))
Not I Mitch , I dont do churches havent done since I was 18 years old when I had free choice prior to that you were expected to go on a regular basis .
The chapple of rest yes but most of the friends we have lost had rock played at their funerals and had a friend speaking or reminising about them with no prayers Heathen lot that we are ;)
Did you know its a fact that many churches in the UK are struggling as less and less people go.
Even if you believe why go to church Jesus didnt he did his teaching outdoors

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question