Wasp infestation at Bog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am running out of ideas as to how to get rid of wasps at my bog. The bog if positioned in a high traffic area, so stings are frequent. I am somewhat limited as I need to protect the koi and my beehive. I have tried a number of traps and baits with little success. I believe I am dealing with European paper wasps and they seem uninterested in rotten fruit, fermented, fruit juice bait. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are probably attracted to the water. Long shot, but maybe set up a secondary water source…..in a separate area of the yard, like a fountain…. Have you actually been stung, or are you anticipating? The only time that wasps or bees have ever bothered me was if I was too close to the nest. Look for the nest and see if you can remove it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are probably attracted to the water. Long shot, but maybe set up a secondary water source…..in a separate area of the yard, like a fountain…. Have you actually been stung, or are you anticipating? The only time that wasps or bees have ever bothered me was if I was too close to the nest. Look for the nest and see if you can remove it.
Thanks, We have been stung. There are usually about 100 of them in the bog - coming and going. I believe you are correct that they are getting water. I was wondering if the also like the other stuff in the bog. I have found some nest, but there are more outside of our property.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
There are wasp traps. Use them till the nests are nearly empty and remove the nests.

What kind of wasps are we talking about? If they aren't at the pond, then its time to use pest control on them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are wasp traps. Use them till the nests are nearly empty and remove the nests.

What kind of wasps are we talking about? If they aren't at the pond, then its time to use pest control on them.
We have tried a number of traps and bait. Very little success.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wait for a cool dark night cut back the vegetation off to the sides of the nests . The place a large contractors trash bag over the nest pull the string a tight around the base then cut them and haul them away to another sight

Ask a Question