Wasps every where!

Reaction score
My pond has so many wasps buzzing around it :(. The last couple of summers we have had tons of dragonflies around the pond but this year I've only seen a couple here and there. I'm sure it has to do with the wasps . Hubby found seven hives in the horse trailer with he sprayed when it got dark. We also found small ones under our umbrella on the deck that we got rid of, also a small one in the sailboat that hubby found today behide a curtain that he will spray tonight. And under the eves of the house there's a few openings that we see them crawling into. That ones going to be a little harder to get rid of, we're going to have to cover up the openings and hope they die.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thing about wasps after I fell into a wasps nest as a boy but over the years have developed a live and let live attitude towards them.
We had a nest in the front hedge last summer they all died off when the winter hit , a strange thing though I find that i'm sort of immune to their stings .
However bees and hornets are a different matter bees I let get on with their busy lives hornets as I found hurt like hell after getting stunge inspecting a nest in an MOD property at Pier Sellers in Cornwall where I was the buffer of many years ago Buffer is Royal Naval talk for being in charge of that and other training sites both in Cornwall and on Dartmoor

rgrds

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I only get rid of yellow jackets, they attack. I was grooming a plant along the stream, did not know I had my foot right next to a hornet nest. They were swarming my leg, around 25 of them, did not sting once, needless to say I ran, and have not been back there since.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We have wasps and those pesky bees that I stepped on one day barefoot. Hubby was weed whacking one day near the fence and the wasps that had their home in the fence came out and stung him on the face. I could only imagine him flinging that weed whacker around trying to kill them. They don't bother me, but seem to hate him.

Ask a Question