sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
smart birds huh :cheerful: yeh but he fell in to get his koiguy .Amazing wonder where they learned it .They say birds are dumb

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love it! Birds do learn. They sure have learned I keep the feed stations always full.

Reaction score
Just to let you know, that all actually happened just the way I wrote about it. I made nothing up and I sent the story to the "Tales of the Ultimate Sportsman" so that I could get a free book from them, their first published book. The second book they published contained my story. It was fun!

Gordy

Reaction score
Turtle Mum and Addy,

Thanks so much for your comments on my story. I have spent a lot of my youth out on the river and have many stories to tell, all of them are a lot of fun. I do like to share them.
I could probably write an encyclopedia length book about all my escapades on the Platte River that would be appreciated by the younger generation, and the old.

I think the younger folks need to get off their I-Phones and get out into the real world and experience God and Nature first hand, as I did, when I was younger. Novels like Tom Sawyer and Huckelberry Finn
were not just stories, they were instructions for kids. i.e. How to enjoy your summer and learn from your environment and learn how to communicate and relate to others. These were not just fun reading material, they were life books!

Books, poems, and reading and stories are always important. It challeges the mind and spurs the soul! AND it is a lot of fun, too! :)

Gordy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I caught my aggie grab a little finch that was trying to get a drink in the waterfall .That is why I do not allow the fish access to the waterfall anymore .She did let go of it but it was almost fish food .I was right there cleaning the waterfall pipe from the filter out .I was only about 3 or 4 feet from it when it happened and was going to chase the bird .Just before that I had emptied the bird baths to clean them and guessing he was thirsty and did not want to wait .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I think the younger folks need to get off their I-Phones and get out into the real world and experience God and Nature first hand, as I did, when I was younger. Novels like Tom Sawyer and Huckelberry Finn
were not just stories, they were instructions for kids. i.e. How to enjoy your summer and learn from your environment and learn how to communicate and relate to others. These were not just fun reading material, they were life books!

Books, poems, and reading and stories are always important. It challeges the mind and spurs the soul! AND it is a lot of fun, too! :)

Gordy

And now those books are considered racially offensive, and banned fron school libraries!
John

Reaction score
HARO said:

Gordy

And now those books are considered racially offensive, and banned fron school libraries!
John
I honestly hadn't heard of that, but it is just simply WRONG!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
smart birds huh :cheerful: yeh but he fell in to get his koiguy .Amazing wonder where they learned it .They say birds are dumb
It is we who say that all creatures are dumb, not the creatures of the World.
Whether this is to cover an inadiquacy within ourselves I dont know but they have survived for millenia.
In the Sceme of things we are the new kids on the block, who because we think ourselves to be clever have screwed around with the planet so darn much that its got pissed at us and our not so clever ways .
How many creatures because of us go extinct or loose habitat etc who polutes the earths waters and over fishes to the extent that whole areas are now devode of life.
Do you know I think the creatures have it right not us I really do .
All people who own animals will tell you just how clever they are and thats a known fact look at a fishes four second memory (rubbish we know that)....

Dave

Ask a Question