water aeration

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello.
I wanted to ask you how to aerate water in pond? It will be a pond with fishes, but I totally don't know how to aerate it. I read that I can to it using a pump or windmill. If you can tell me how to do it, which method is better, it will be amazing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Depends on the depth of the pond. If shallow then waterfalls, streams, just water movement in general with help aerate the water. But more on the surface. The more turbulence the better. However on a deeper pond aeration is best with a air pump so it comes up from the bottom. I use both on my pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I even have air stones in my filters that I built and a home made spitter in my waterfall pond
100_4472.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hello.
I wanted to ask you how to aerate water in pond? It will be a pond with fishes, but I totally don't know how to aerate it. I read that I can to it using a pump or windmill. If you can tell me how to do it, which method is better, it will be amazing!
What kind of fish?
I have koi and good aeration is a must!
I used to have a Whisper 150 in my 3800gls pond, but it really wasn't enough for "my pond", then I purchased an Aquascape aeration system with 4 disks, big waste of money, it did not work in the depth of my pond even though it said it would...now I have a Pond Max 40, we installed a valve to control the air flow, it is the best thing I've tried so far!
Pond Max comes in different sizes (25, 40, 60..) I chose to stay in the middle and boy this thing at full capacity can shoot the koi right out of the pond (hence the control valve)
smlaughing4.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have the smaller laguna one and it worked to the bottom of my pond ,even with all 12 ports going with airstones

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my bio filter with large pump for aeration.

Attachments

• DSCN2499 (2).JPG
    DSCN2499 (2).JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 190

Ask a Question