Water changing?

BlakeA

koiboy
Reaction score
I apologize if there is already a thread on this subject, just kinda in a hurry got alot of stuff do to today around the house. But I've noticed I'm losing a bit of water, I'm sure it's due to evaporation, it's a normal thing i believe, but I'm supposed to do a 1/4 water change weekly anyway, and haven't done one yet, i was wondering how i would go about doing so if I'm using tap water? Do i need to dose it with a bit of dechlor in a tub before i dump it in the pond? or should i just put it in an end of my pond then dechlor that side of the pond? any ideas tips, FAQs?

BlakeA

koiboy
Reaction score
I currently have a 700 gallon dechlor treatment, so keep that in mind in helping me, thanks

~Blake

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
first of all 1/10 or 10% water changes are the standard,not 1/4 or 25% man at that rate your pond will never fully establish itself. so if your pond is 1000 gals pump out 100 gallons, and replace it, but even this is not necessary depending on your fish load water parameters etc... 25% water changes are for seasonal prep and emergencies etc. some can do it biweekly or monthly.

BlakeA

koiboy
Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
first of all 1/10 or 10% water changes are the standard,not 1/4 or 25% man at that rate your pond will never fully establish itself. so if your pond is 1000 gals pump out 100 gallons, and replace it, but even this is not necessary depending on your fish load water parameters etc... 25% water changes are for seasonal prep and emergencies etc. some can do it biweekly or monthly.

I'm glad you clarified that for me, lol. but if i just pour tap water in it from, the hose, do i need to dechlor it? if so, do i do it after i pour it in? or should i use a tub? and do a bit at a time?

Ask a Question