Water clarity

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 5X14 pond about 4 feet deep with a pond master pressurized uv filter. I have replaced my uv bulb but my
water is still murky. Can't see bottom or fish until they come to top. Any advise?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It takes time it does not clear overnight .Pressurized filters need to be back flushed often .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is never thought of it and have to remember for the future when people say murky . I automatically would think brown

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thing is never thought of it and have to remember for the future when people say murky . I automatically would think brown
When I think "murky," I think thick and hard to see through. Like milk, pea soup, dilute mud, heavy fog.

So, according to this definition, it's open to interpretation, LOL!

murky

or mirky
[mur-kee]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective, murkier, murkiest.
dark, gloomy, and cheerless.
obscure or thick with mist, haze, etc., as the air.
vague; unclear; confused:
a murky statement.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Pressurized filters just don't work as great as a home made filter .All I can think of is putting a crate of quilt batting with a hose from the pump in it set in a waterfall area

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Pressurized filters just don't work as great as a home made filter .All I can think of is putting a crate of quilt batting with a hose from the pump in it set in a waterfall area
i saw ppl complaining , it can b that the capacity written on box is over exaggerated and needs frequent cleaning to maintain ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Pond has been up since 2007. Have a Laguna Max Flo 2000.
I have a 3000 gallon pond with a high flow rate.... So I installed a Ultima 6000 pressurized bead filter..... I will have to say it is an absolutely awesome debris catching machine, it captures everything..... But as a biological filter I have my doubts..... I struggled with getting my pond to cycle.... What I think turned the corner for me was changing the filter material in my skimmer

Ask a Question