Water disappearing!

Reaction score
I have a 12' stream. Water in the lower part disappears when pump is on. Did a test overnite and filled upper and lower sections and water stayed up. Only disappears when pump on. Help!!@

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep agree plumbing pipes are always the cause in most cases .That is why all my hoses stay in the pond or are inside the liner part that goes to the filter .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1591389749892.gif
@Pat Myers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
So, when the pump is off, no water flows through the stream?
It could be the plumbing as others have stated, but isn't it also possible the leak is in the stream itself? This can be the case more often.
Many times the stones in the stream can get kicked around or misplaced by wildlife which can divert the water enough to cause leakage.
Is the stream liner sufficiently shaped to ensure water doesn't flow over the edges? Maybe a slight berm of soil under the liner along the edges is needed.
Or you could have an actual puncture in the stream liner, again caused by wildlife possibly stepping on a sharp stone.

Ask a Question