Water Garden Features - Window Shopping :)

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Looking to adorn the water garden pond and curious what everyone has done.

So, I thought it would be interesting if people would start to...

share their favorite water garden features or fountains or spitters, etc... either "what they wish to have" or currently have...

...and, if possible, share good outlets for people to go water garden feature shopping...

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
So.... I'll start... :D

I am currently in the process of awaiting to receive the below... they are called Flow Forms... I only found one outlet in the United States that builds them...

http://www.bohemianstoneworks.com/portfolio-item/flowforms/

These are sold in individual pieces rather than an entire package so that you can create whatever design you want. The pieces below are just an example of 3~4 individual pieces put together. Going to mix match mine up. I got one of the Emerson 2 and one of the Sprite 2.

E-midi-3x-super.jpg sprite 2 - Copy.png

I found a rustic hand water pump from ebay, kind of like the one below... Ebay has a big selection of rustic hand water pumps... this pump is what will feed water to the Sprite 2....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Antiqu...-Decorative-Pond-Pumps-Yard-Art-/371172339354

s-l1600.jpg

Taking a long time for the Flow Forms to be created. I will share a picture once I have everything in place.

Last edited:

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have also been trying to "window shop" on the internet for some classical human figurine water fountains...

Problem is the really nice ones are very expensive... I really like this one...

http://www.gardecor.com/p-hd-water-nymph-fountain

water-nymph-fountain.jpg

But... alas... it being $2,300 buckaroos... I might settle for...

http://www.gardecor.com/p-sc-spouting-seasons-fall

spouting-seasons-fall.jpg

...which I am really digging this one since my livelihood also involves wheat and the kid is holding some wheat... I think... plus only $271, a tad bit more affordable. :)

Last edited:

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have not made any decision on the human figurine water fountain... I am still "window shopping" :)

Does anyone know of a good outlet that creates and/or sells these human figurine water fountains?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@Meyer Jordan Since you have done quite a few of these, I am very interested to read your ideas. :)
I try to stay away from formal or semi-formal Water Features and accessory pieces. I try to confine myself to naturally occurring forms and morphology so I won't be of any help in this thread.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I've always been partial to this one. But I don't have one.

:) Yeah, those are fun, but then I felt self conscience about asking my little nephews to my place. They might think the statue gives permission for them to "relieve" them self in the pond, lol. :D

I don't have any water spitters but this is the favorite pond side statue which also doubles as an access ramp for wayward frogs who hunt for bugs in our courtyard at night. Without these frogs the real frogs can't make the 18" jump back up into the pond.

Very clever.

Yeah, ever since I finished remodeling my pond's walls, the walls became a trap for all the frogs that jump in... They can jump in, but can't jump out... so I tried to make some "stairs" for them with rocks... I wasn't for sure if it would work, but, if they figure out how to use your statue to get in, then they should how to figure out how to get out. :) Makes me feel a little better. :)

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
@bettasngoldfish Absolutely love the fisherman!!

By the way, great idea for a thread (y) I'm sure there are lot's of us that can use some ideas.

Thanks.

What I really need are some more ideas on how to hide my filter.

Have you thought about doing a lattice plant wall?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=lattice+wall+planter+design

Grrr... I can't find the picture that I really liked... I posted it somewhere on this forum and now can't find it, but will share it once I do find it.

Another idea might be to give your filter an interesting rock facade.

My next project is to put a neat rock facade on some vases... The below hyperlink gave me the idea...

http://fabyoubliss.com/2013/03/14/a...ock-vase-made-from-something-very-unexpected/

Last edited:

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Bettasngoldfish reminded me... Once everything warms up, I hope to install a couple vase fountains kind of like the one below, but build it my self instead so I can use a vase that can have a significant number of plants on the top... These will basically be like miniature little "bogs" to help filter the water.

9c1f23b12a75f4103665e68675ce724f.jpg

I am going to take a plain vase such as below or plastic container that looks like a vase...

images.jpg

Then, I got some rock tile from StrataStones (http://www.stratastones.net/products/Dark-Ocean-Pebble-Tile.html)... and I am going to face the vase with the rock tile... That hyperlink about the pringle's can (in my previous post) gave me the idea...

dark_ocean_pebble_tile_c.jpg

Water will come up in the center, with plants in there, and flow down the rock back into my stream. I am very looking forward to doing this, but waiting for the greenhouses to open when they get a good selection of vases. I might end up going the cheap way, cutting up a plastic container, but just curious what the greenhouses will have. :) I can't wait to get started on doing this. Definitely going to share pictures once done.

Reaction score
:) Yeah, those are fun, but then I felt self conscience about asking my little nephews to my place. They might think the statue gives permission for them to "relieve" them self in the pond, lol. :D

Very clever.

Yeah, ever since I finished remodeling my pond's walls, the walls became a trap for all the frogs that jump in... They can jump in, but can't jump out... so I tried to make some "stairs" for them with rocks... I wasn't for sure if it would work, but, if they figure out how to use your statue to get in, then they should how to figure out how to get out. :) Makes me feel a little better. :)
Before we had the frog statue we put up a temporary ramp, and although the ramp seemed to be working I wasn't completely convinced the frogs were actually using it to get back in the pond. To satisfy my curiosity I set up one of the motion detection cameras from my home surveillance system, and sure enough, the camera caught videos of the frogs using the ramp one by one to get back into the pond. Previous to setting up the ramp we were finding frogs stuck in the courtyard area just about every morning, especially after a rainy wet night which seemed to be when frogs prefer to go on there terrestrial foraging walk about's. For a while we got into a routine of checking the courtyard for stranded frogs and returning them to the safety of the pond, but sometimes we'd forget or miss them and find them later dead or desiccated. Even though as soon as we put up the ramp we stopped finding frogs in the courtyard in the morning, I still wasn't sure they were using the ramp, I though perhaps they just decided to stop hopping down into the courtyard at night, but the camera confirmed that they actually had the spacial awareness of where the safety of the pond water that they came from was, and they had the intelligence to utilize a physical feature that would allow them to get back in.So although I've never actually seen them using the frog statue to get back into the pond, I'm pretty confident they know how to use it, and to back up that confidence I've never found any dead or desiccated frogs in the courtyard since we moved it to that location.

And for the possibility of your nephews peeing in the pond,,,,just think of it as more nutrients for your bio-filter system. (y)

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've always been partial to this one. But I don't have one.

little-boy-statue-peeing.jpg

That's the aptly named "Mannekin Pis" located in Brussels, Belgium. It's not very big. The statue of Hans Christian Andersen's "Little Mermaid" in Copenhagen harbor isn't very big either.

Ask a Question