Water hawthorn?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'm in zone 7b. Have any of you grown water hawthorn? I have a spot that would be perfect. The shelf my fish cave is built into needs something on top. It's to the side of where the cascade spills out -- gently moving surface water. I read that it prefers cooler water, so it would be something growing and green in the late winter/early spring here -- and hopefully late fall/ early winter.

There is room for two pots on that shelf. Any ideas of other plants to put there for the warmer part of the year? I don't think lilies like moving water -- but I suppose I could try. Those are the only two I know of that like deeper water and grow on the surface.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Yes, I've grown water hawthorne in zone 7a. You see the "pads"/leaves in the spring and fall; the plant goes dormant in summer and winter.
Thank you! It looks like a pretty plant and would be nice to have it thriving when everything else is kaput. :)

Ask a Question