water health.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am very happy i found your website. Wealth of information is at hand!!!. looking forward to the future. One of your members was talking about parameters.
I am going to check pond to-morrow. got all the kit to check water. Blue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just remember that the test is limited on what it can tell you. A steady ph is better than a “ perfect “ ph that you are fighting to keep.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
YES! What Jamie B. said! Very true. My ph runs steadily around 8.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good show for obtaining a testing kit! Please let us know the results of your tests. Those kits are a tremendous tool for helping to maintain excellent water quality.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thankyou all for your reply,s. tested Ammonia+PH, Today as i speak. Ammonia, after using pond water in syringe 5 drops each of the 3 reagents in 5 mm glass vial, shaken through, after 10 min,s the colour of dial [yellow] was correct with colour chart. PH with pond water in 5mm glass vial, put 1 reagent in vial, top on as above, shaken, was correct with colour chart. Come spring and summer will be a differnt matter altogether!! as members with more experience than me will know. Reason why i joined this site! to gather more experience. I hope you can follow what i have written. Hoping to assemble new blagdon pond = 400 litres in a month.Hopefully???? Got the materials ready. Thankyou, Blue. PS. Will test all 7 parameters in near future. IMG_0454.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It’s ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, gh, kh. Gh and kh help keep ph stable. You’ll see first ammonia climb, then drop as nitrite climbs, then that will drop as nitrate climbs, as the various bacteria get established. Don’t fret about small spikes, so long as they stay in a safe range, time and nature will help them get balanced, just keep the fish load low at first. Then introduce new fish slowly after they’ve been through quarantine .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have posted thread about parameters with photo of kit i use. ammonia+ph were fine. will test all in near future. thankyou stephenIMG_0454.jpg

Ask a Question