Water Hyacinth?

Reaction score
I have been searching EVERYWHERE looking for some Water Hyacinth. i hade some in the past years and each winter kills it. i just got a green house up and running so i can put some back during winter. i live in Arkansas and sometime ago they apparently banded it from the state.... Where can i get a starter plant for my water garden if i cant buy it? i really enjoyed this plant and thought about driving to other states just to buy it. any suggestion on how i can save some gas would be very appreciated! Thanks.

Reaction score
linc2010 said:
You can order them from sids greenhouse.

Link please? Is "he" reasonable? I just paid $5.99 a piece from my local nursery because no one else seem stock them this year.

What kind of luck do you have ordering plants over the internet? :confused:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It sounds like you have to go on a road trip :confused:
Dont speed, stay in your lane ,tell the cop you just got them out of a ditch down the road if he stops you...offer him some :lol:

Reaction score
Crap! I can't go on a road trip - I take one every day going back and forth to work! (110 miles round trip).

Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep hoping for my lilies to get big and strong! :confused:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
LOL ... that is a trip
Arkansas Adam has to go on the open road
No one will ship them here

Reaction score
i checked out sids greanhouse and couldnt even find anything on watergardens. im sure i will end up going to oklahoma sometime and buying from there. im not worried about the cops stopping my with the plant. lol! they wont think anything of it ..as long as its not a pot im sure they will just think its a regular plant! haha but thank for the feed back. if anyone comes across anyone who has some and willing to ship to me i can pay them on paypal.. im sure the ppl at ups wont know the diffrents either! haha i worked at fedex and they dont care as long as its arrives ontime!

Reaction score
Hi Adam,

Ark-La-Tex Water Gardens. 9999 Mansfield Rd., Shreveport, Louisiana sells all kinds of aquatic plants (including Hyacinth) and pond supplies. Their open 7 days a week.

Ask a Question