Water lily advice

Reaction score
never heard of using a coconut husk

Me either. It also says that the coconut husk will help to clear the water in the pond .... ?

I just did as the instructions said and dropped it in the pond, I will see if anyone throws out any other advice and take it from there. Its in a weighted net bag, covered in coconut husk. Fingers crossed it works out. This is an orange and yellow lily (nymphaea solfatara).

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Priscilla- I have purchased these lilies before and just drop them in the pond for a couple of months till they start to grow and then cut the bag off and plant as usual. The coconut fiber will protect the young plant till it can get a good start.

Reaction score
Priscilla- I have purchased these lilies before and just drop them in the pond for a couple of months till they start to grow and then cut the bag off and plant as usual. The coconut fiber will protect the young plant till it can get a good start.

Okay great! And they all seem to do well?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yeah, I made a mistake about 4 years ago when I bought one of those. I did what it said, just dropped it in. It grew, but did poorly, and eventually died. Shortly after that I read not to leave them in those coconut husks because its too small of a space.

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks all. I peeked in the bag and see a few white roots. So all seems to be going well, so far. I think when I see leaves coming out I will move it to a pot, may try to just wedge in a pot with rocks and see how it does.

Ask a Question