water lily flowers,

Reaction score
is it normal to only get 1 lily flower open per plant at a time ?? it puts up a few flower buds, but as 1 flower has finished the next 1 is opening for the first time ? that flower will last for approx 1 week the the next one will start, so i only ever have 1 flower open at any one time, per plant that is !

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When my plants where small they would only do one bloom at a time, after they grew some they crank out the flowers. I fertilize with tabs during the summer.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that's what I find too addy. When I had all those bright pink lilies that I'd had for yrs and they grew tubers like crazy I had tons of blooms on each plant and now that I have divided all my old ones up and gave them away I have only one now and then of the new ones. It will take time for them to mature and then look out cuz they will go like mad especially when getting fed! They love the fertilizer!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Mogsie; Waterlillies DO put up only one flower at a time PER GROWING POINT. Older, well-established plants will have many growing points, so you will get multiple flowers at any given time. And you are indeed lucky to get a week's blooming time from a single flower! In our climate each flower lasts just three days before it sinks back into the water.
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have one called colorado, it is the best bloomer, yesterday around 10 blooms open at one time, grows like a weed. The pink blooms stand above the water. See if you can get one of them. I would ship to you, but doubt it would get past customs.

DSC03817a.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are pretty, any lily. I am playing with a few tropicals, they have to be kept in the basement over winter.

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a first beautful bloom of this color. I have pale pink as well as white water lily blooms but today I saw this one blooming in my pond. Had to take a pic and then wanted to share. I hope this is the correct forum.

:goldfish:

Attachments

• DSCF5684.JPG
    DSCF5684.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF5685.JPG
    DSCF5685.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 268
Reaction score
addy1

The color is even more vibrant that my camera shows. It is more of a fucia rather than a pink. I have never gottn that color before.

:goldfish:

Attachments

• DSCF5686.JPG
    DSCF5686.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF5687.JPG
    DSCF5687.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 312

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is hard to catch the color. I think mine have changed color from last year, might be the ph, the number of fish, the temp who knows. The pink is pinker, the georgia peach is a creamier peach than last year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Got another one blooming now that you gave me addy...........they are starting to bloom more each day...........yippee!!!

IMG_4139.JPG

Ask a Question