Water lily leaves turn yellow with black spots

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
So this is a problem that recently started, i have a small pot pond with a water lily and some water hyacinths. Everything was normal until one day i noticed one leaf had some black spots but i didn't really gave it much attention, the next day i looked again at the pond and the water hyacinth had the same spots and the water lily leaf was turning yellow, i cut the leaves that were yellow with black spots of both plants but it has been affecting more leaves, is it some kind of fungus, what can i do to solve this? If you need more information about the pond or the plant i can answer.
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 5.09.46 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 5.09.45 PM.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Look the leaf and stems over for signs of pests. I’d try pulling the affected plants and treating them with either diluted bleach or other suitable dip, then rinse very well repeatedly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a fungus, and common. The best way to treat it is to remove all pads as they turn yellow. Keep them picked off. Humidity will cause fungus, as will having a spitter splashing on the pads. Just keep them picked off and destroy away from the pond. A healthy waterlily will quickly replace any pads that you remove.

Ask a Question