Water Lily out of pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I've purchased a water lily for a friend with a pond, but it's arriving earlier than expected (today!), We're seeing them on Saturday. Will the lily be okay in the postage packaging until then, and if not, what's the best way to set it up so it survives until then? I unfortunately don't have access to a pond myself.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi surlycat, i would take it out of the bag and put it in a bucket of water, rainwater would be good if possible if not tap water would be ok for a while, hope this helps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, that's great, thank you! Do I need to weigh the rhizome down or will it be okay for a few days?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi surlycat, agree with lisak1 as long as its wet it will be fine, and as you look at it for a few days you might think " i would like one of them in my own pond ;))

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You could also put in a net bag with a rock, that would keep it wet, in a bucket of water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wrap it in a paper towel LOOSLY The roots can be harmed by light if the plant is already stressed. And again keep it wet

Ask a Question