Water lily trade?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a is probably average winter, but I've seen it -24F here once in 30 years, and -10 to -15 at times
Country
United States
I have a few starts of Western Yellow pond lily, Nuphar polysepala I would like to offer in trade for starts of hardy lilies. The Yellow pond lily does not have as gaudy a flower as many other lilies do, but the plant is much more resistant than most lilies to being torn up by koi or goldfish as the leaves and stems are tough and almost rubbery. I read somewhere too, that koi seem to not like the taste. It is quite an attractive plant with large waxy, deep green leaves, which float or are held above the surface of the water. It is very hardy, and when it starts growing in the spring it looks like a mass of underwater bright green lettuce leaves rising up to the surface. I think it would be a great choice for a large koi pond. Here is a link to some photos: http://www.pnwflowers.com/flower/nuphar-polysepala/gallery

I am looking for some hardies such as: Perry's orange sunset, Mayla, Perry's fire opal, Colorado, or others will colorful blooms. Maybe even up for trade for some type of marginals..

Ask a Question