water plants

Bat

Reaction score
I have a lilly plant that is groeing and flowering etc, and the water Hyacinth have been growing quite drastically, but recently the hyacinths seem to dying back, is this normal? i thought that they remained growing all the time, they are starting to get a sort of brownish apearance.

also i had 2 other plants being a water violet & mares tail, both oxegenating plants but just seemed to have died. Does anyone have any suggestions for some good water plants that last?

Si

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My hyacinths ran hot and cold. I got rid of them and went to water lettuce. They are consistent and except for extreme cold, do very well.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
check the roots on your hiacynths your fish are probably feasting on them..make or buy some floating planter rings to protect them if thats the case. if your filter top is open throw your hiacynths in there for a week and theyll recoop.

Reaction score
I lost about half of mine, but I put them in every spring to give the fish shade till the lillys grow and then the fish feast on the roots. I kept some in my filter weir and they are doing great away from the fishes.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i made a thread on how i made floating planters in the DIY forum if your interested..
Garden Pond Forum > Garden Pond Forums > DIY - Do It Yourself > floating planter rings

Ask a Question