water problem

Reaction score
my pond has just been altered but the problem i am having is the water is keeping going murky the top looks clear but the bottom is soup like all ph levels are ok plenty of plant coverage but cant keep it clear any ideas

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
brighouse sounds like a jail :razz: sorry welcome What kind of fish how big is the pond and how deep and what kind of filter are you using .Sounds like you are not moving bottom water to the filter and something has settled to the bottom and stayed there

Reaction score
ive got three golden oarfs about four inches three koi about same size and three shubunkins about six inch two sturgeon and two others that i cant think what they are ive got a bio filter which puts it back in on top and a hozelock complete

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How big is the pond and what about your other levels in you test .Have you added anything new and could the fish be spawning

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Only thing you can try is to get some of the murkieness off the bottom is to filter it more here we use quilt batting in a basket in the waterfall area or where the water goes into the filter to pick up the fine stuff that our filters won't pick up

I have the blue padding on top to pick up heavier stuff and quilt batting is under it to pick up the finer stuff

Reaction score
i have already got a very fine filter extra in but am pick up on what you suggest about not moving bottom water so i am going to extend out flow pipe to bottom to see if that makes difference :goldfish:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Most call it dead water because it just sits there and does not get moved around so that might work

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
catssingwelcome.gif
seaweed

Ask a Question