Water pumps

Reaction score
Country
United States
My ponds are buried livestock water troughs and have given us much joy over the years. We were on well water for the last
43 years and have moved to a new home. Still have well water but with a lot of desolved solids, clay and such that precipitates out after a few ours in a holding tank. I can filter it out but my Pondmaster
950 will not give me the pressure to function well with a GE whole house filter cartridge system. I can use a 1/4 horse sump pump but the heat generated by the pump raiser the water temp too high for extended use.
Can some one recommend an out of water pump that might fit the application?
Thanks all

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you are using a house filter to filter it .Any pump would work depends on how many gallons you have

Reaction score
Country
United States
How big are the stock tanks? And, are you using the well water to top off evaporation and partial water exchanges or completely filling the two tanks? I guess you could get another stock tank and leave it above ground. Fill it up let the crud settle and then siphon or carefully pump it into the ponds. Is your house drinking water filtered? If so, perhaps you can get filtered water from your garden hose if the source is filtered through the house. I use rain barrels and they work well too.
Stephen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My ponds are buried livestock water troughs and have given us much joy over the years. We were on well water for the last
43 years and have moved to a new home. Still have well water but with a lot of desolved solids, clay and such that precipitates out after a few ours in a holding tank. I can filter it out but my Pondmaster
950 will not give me the pressure to function well with a GE whole house filter cartridge system. I can use a 1/4 horse sump pump but the heat generated by the pump raiser the water temp too high for extended use.
Can some one recommend an out of water pump that might fit the application?
Thanks all

This is pricey but I swear by it. It's 1/4 hp with low wattage ( 360 ) and really pulls. Literally super quiet and running 4 years now. I bought a pvc cover for it and it protects it from weather and UV. Great pump! Got it at GcTek ... Prices don't vary much from place to place. Pretty much a green pump with a kick. I'm turning 2000 gallons over more than 2 times an hour plus have a skimmer doing the same with a submersible in the skimmer. Quite the overkill but quite the clear water and happy koi.

https://webbsonline.com/Item/82559

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Laguna is low wattage .My 2 are a 2900 gph that runs about 75 watts and 2400 runs around 55 watts .I like 2 pumps so if 1 goes out you are not in a panic to find 1 especially where I live .

Ask a Question